Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gotta Love Fall in the High Country

Last night I was debating on where to go hit some water and since I had not hit this particular area I thought I'd call Scott  and see if he was up to hitting some new water. Quickly he agreed and we had our destination and off at 7am we were. We couldn't believe the fall colors all around in the high country this time of year, it adds an extra bonus for sure.

Golds and Yellows all around


The fish were not of any size but they were eager. Plenty of Cutts, Brookies, and a surprise Rainbow in the mix. Hoppers, Trudes, Caddis, and Ant patterns were the ticket on these small fish.





Thanks Scott for a great time on the water today even if the fish were small. It was nice to get out and fish with ya. Scott has a video he's putting together I'll put up as soon as he's got it ready.

11 comments:

mike doughty said...

beautiful!

Feather Chucker said...

Great pics, I'm totally Jealous.

StridArt said...

beautiful! could get lost intentionally.

Bill Trussell said...

Out of this world shots--not to mention the trout. I really envy you living where you do, you get to see, touch, and experience some of the most beautiful country in the U.S. ---I am becoming one of your followers because I want to see more fall colors and read more of you post--thanks for sharing if you would like to join my group the link is http://btrussell-fishingthroughlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/bouface-to-rescue.html Bill

Unknown said...

Very nice!!! If solitude brings small fish, I'm in.

Ryan said...

Now that is my kind of fishing! Great pictures. I could go for that right about now. tired of work and need a break.

The Average Joe Fishreman
http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

Pat said...

Thanks everyone for the comments, Bill I'll check out the site and thanks for the link! Hopefully we'll get out again soon.

Scott Dickey said...

The trip was a blast! Thanks for the invite Pat. It was one of those outings I won't forgot for a long time.

Here is the link to the video I put together. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1579312653850

Anonymous said...

small fish but beautiful
greetz from emmental
wonderfull part of switzerland

Sagitarrius said...

Really nice pics! Good work !

Becks and Brown Trout said...

wicked love the pics...